1. ORIGINAL RESEARCH ARTICLES
The journal is a forum for innovative, rigorous and original work of significance to the discipline. Such work may be theoretical in nature, it may have a comparative focus, and/or it may cut across traditional scholarly fields and push disciplinary boundaries.
Original research articles are no more than 8000 words in length inclusive of all notes and references. Shorter research notes are also welcome.
2. EARLY RESULTS
Many research projects produce exiting early results where the immediacy (and impact) is then lost as researchers seek to fashion full-length articles. In the Early Results section, authors can release early findings from projects without excessive theoretical set-up or a long literature review. In essence, these articles will be akin to working papers, where the results will ultimately feature in full articles with an extended argument (in other journals or in PSR). This will provide not only a means by which early findings can be published but also an arena in which new ideas can be explored, promoted and tested.
Early Results submissions are limited to 3000 words inclusive of all notes and references.
3. SYMPOSIA AND NEW IDEAS
PSR is a forum for publishing results from symposia. These can be early versions of what may become more extensive articles, exploring and fleshing out new ideas and directions for study.
Papers in the Symposia and New Ideas section are limited to 3000 words inclusive of all notes and references.
4. THE NULL HYPOTHESIS
Many research projects produce results where the hypotheses are rejected, but where the results are nonetheless interesting. PSR publishes papers where there was the sound theoretical reason for stipulating hypotheses but where these hypotheses had to be rejected. Book Reviews: PSR publishes a topical series of book reviews per volume to enhance a core topic in each PSR volume.
Papers in the Null Hypothesis section are limited to 3000-5000 words inclusive of all notes and references.
5. REVIEW ARTICLES
The journal is also the setting for significant and encompassing state-of-the-art reviews on significant issues across the discipline. Articles that either review recent developments in a specific field of research or confront various bodies of research on a specific issue or concept is particularly welcome.
Review articles are no more than 5000 words in length inclusive of all notes and references.
6. BOOK REVIEWS
Book Reviews: PSR publishes book reviews of recent volumes on cutting-edge topics on an ad hoc basis. Detailed Book Review Guidelines can be found here.
SUBMISSION STEP BY STEP
Decide on which article type you would like to publish.
You will be submitting your manuscript via an online editorial system: Scholar One. Make sure that your account is active/has been created.
Adjust your manuscript to the detailed guidelines on the website of our publisher or download this file.
Once your article is prepared according to the publisher’s guidelines, submit a manuscript via Scholar One platform.
You will have to upload at least 2 files:
1. Main Document – your anonymised (with no mention of author/authors) manuscript file with all illustrations (graphs, charts, drawings or photographs) submitted as separate files (see below)
2. Title Page – a separate file with the manuscript title and author information (name/s, affiliation/s, short biography/biographies)
As you can upload as many files as needed for your manuscript in groups of three or fewer, make sure that you specify a File Designation that best describes each file you upload.
Here’s a detailed explanation of file designations for each file you upload:
- Main Document: The main, anonymised content of a manuscript.
- Title page: Where double-blind review is conducted you must upload a separate title page containing author information, and this author information must not be included in the main document so that author anonymity can be maintained.
- Figure: An image file that depicts a graph, chart, drawing or photograph.
- Additional Files for Review but NOT for publication: Files not intended for publication in any format but that provide valuable background or reference information, that are suitable for peer review.
- Additional Files NOT for Review and NOT for publication: Files not intended for publication in any format but that provide valuable background or reference information, but are not suitable for peer review.
- Supporting Information for online publication only: Material which would not be printed in the hard copy but would appear in the online version only, such as extensive data sets or video files.
Submit all files. Our editorial team will contact you as soon as possible, and inform you about any further progress.
SPECIAL ISSUE POLICY
We have gathered important information on the production of PSR Special Issues as well as key facts to be aware of before and during the compilation of the issue.
Download a pdf document or read the following instructions.
To submit a book review read our book review guidelines: HERE
IMPACT AND PROMOTION
In the era of fake news, spreading reliable information and popularizing science is a great responsibility and challenge. The editorial team of Political Studies Review is committed to presenting and visualizing research data to boost dissemination. We want to introduce research findings and articles published in the PSR to a wider audience.
> MORE: RESEARCH IMPACT AND PROMOTION
You can contact our Editorial Team via Email as well as follow our Twitter account.